Our Law Firm is committed to becoming the best Law Firm for Latino, migrant, and Spanish speaking communities in Arizona.

Immigration Lawyer for Spouse Visa

United States citizens have two means of bringing their spouse into the country to permanently reside. These are a Marriage Visa or a Fiancé Visa
It’s easy to make simple mistakes during the Marriage Visa application process that could disqualify you from obtaining it. Consulting an attorney experienced in immigration can help you navigate this complicated process. The attorneys at Ybarra Maldonado Law Group take great pride in being the top immigration attorneys in Phoenix and can help you determine your eligibility. We can also spot any potential legal problems and prepare all the necessary documents for you.

A Marriage Visa is a visa that grants the spouse of an American citizen the right to come to the United States and obtain a Green Card. It may also be referred to as a CR1 or IR1 visa. Both the citizen and his or her spouse wishing to enter the country must meet the minimum requirements for this immigration benefit. If both parties are eligible, a marriage immigration lawyer like Abogado Ray can help you to obtain a Marriage Visa.
If your fiancé or spouse is already legally living in the United States, you would take other measures to keep them in the country permanently. This may be done through an adjustment of status.
It is important to understand that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, any process for immigration services has been delayed. Expect for longer delays as well as the possibility of changed procedures once the virus has been stabilized.

There are a few requirements that must be met in order to successfully obtain a Marriage Visa. For one, you or your spouse must be a U.S. citizen. The CR1 visa is only available to citizens as of right now. If you or your spouse is a permanent resident, you may file for a Marriage Visa through the F2A spousal visa. The process is similar to the CR1 process, but may take a bit longer.
You cannot file for a Marriage Visa unless you are currently legally married. If you are not yet married but would like to marry in the U.S. at a later date, you should obtain the Fiancé Visa instead. You must also be able to support your spouse financially. There are federal poverty guidelines that must be met to prove that you are able to support yourself and your spouse. If you do not meet these criteria, you may also use a cosponsor or other assets in order to meet the necessary requirements.
Finally, you or your spouse (whoever is immigrating) must have obeyed USCIS Immigration Laws. Illegal entry into the country or overstaying a visa may prevent your ability to obtain a Marriage Visa.

The processing time for a CR1 visa, from beginning to end, is generally 10 months to a year. If you are a permanent resident rather than a citizen and are filing through an F2A spousal visa, it may take up to two years.
Again, remember that the processing time for the year of 2020 has been significantly delayed due to the coronavirus. These times are based on the average processing times before the pandemic and what you might be able to expect once it subsides.
Once your CR1 petition gets filed with the USCIS, it may take anywhere from one to three months before you receive a receipt notice and assigned case number. It may then take an additional 5-8 months before you receive an approval notice.
The next step will be the USCIS transferring your petition to the National Visa Center to review your submitted financial and civil documents. Once that has been approved, it will be transferred to the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country outside of the states where you or your spouse resides. This will likely take an additional 1-3 months.
After the U.S. embassy obtains your file, the spouse wishing to enter the United States must schedule a medical exam and prepare for the interview. If both are successful, the spouse will be issued the Marriage Visa.
Once the immigrating spouse enters into the U.S., this visa will serve as proof of permanent residence. Within the next two months, you should then receive the Green Card.

Government and medical fees for a CR1 generally total around $1500 depending on the country you or your spouse is emigrating from. The cost is not due all at one time, but rather is spread out throughout the course of the visa application process. This does not include lawyer fees, which will be a separate cost. The cost for an immigration lawyer depends on experience and qualifications of the professional and the state in which they practice.

Need Help With USA Marriage Visas?

If you have any more questions or are looking to obtain a Marriage Visa, or CR1 visa, you need an experienced immigration lawyer. At Ybarra Maldonado Law Group, we can help you determine if you are eligible and ensure you file the correct paperwork. Our firm is committed to becoming the best law firm for Latino, migrant, and Spanish-speaking communities in the state of Arizona. Contact us today for a confidential case evaluation by calling .